Hi everybody! Thanks for all your well wishes, comments and prayers. So. I thought I'd give you an update. I'll try not to be boring....
1. Surgery ? No. The dr. wants to hold off till Feb. or March.
2. How did I manage not to have surgery? 10 days of ice chips at 2 different hospitals, (with an ambulance transport ride - when i totally felt fine - kinda funny.)
3. Weight Loss? yeah... like 2 pounds.... that's it for 10 days of ice chips. really.
4. Chemo? round 6 started last monday. Got out of the hospital ... JUST IN TIME - yay!
5. Weight Loss? yeah, a few pounds after i actually started eating. See, ......starvation diets don't work!
6. Low Residue Diet? That's the diet i'm now on til surgery - very low fiber - (totally how i DON'T eat. ) What happens is that i have scar tissue on my small intestines. A high fiber diet makes it kink and then nothing goes thru. You feel like you are dying. .....until you get to the hospital for pain medicine.
7. New favorite pain medicine: Delotid - more powerful than morphine! works wonders.
8. New favorite food: cheetos. most of the "good for you foods" will send me for trip 3 to the hospital.
9. information? just trying to get the word out. If anybody ever has questions- you can reach me thru my store. I'd be happy to help and answer any questions. I hope to help people get to their Dr. as soon as they possibly can if they suspect any problems.
10. Merry Christmas XXOO laura
- ► 2010 (12)